On 21/01/13 07:48:12, Norman Dunbar wrote:

> In turbo mode, the Pi will ramp up the CPU frequency from the
> standard
>
> 700 MHz to anything up to what you set as the maximum. This can me 1
> GHz, but there are reports of SD Card corruptions with this setting.
> I've never had it - I corrupt my cards with other methods! However,
> just
> in case, my Pi is set to max out at 950 MHz.
>
> http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk/blog/2012/09/give-your-raspberry-pi-
> turbo-mode/
>
> You never know, it might just help.

I followed your instructions and overclocked the device to 950 MHz
(Turbo caused a black screen but did not seem to damage the file
system).
This changed the boot up time to 4.5 minutes from just over 6 minutes.
Sadly it is still at 100& CPU all the time.

If I run another graphical java app such as gnubridge it uses 100% CPU
for about five seconds as it draws to the screen but then the CPU
percentage falls to almost nothing.

Regards
John