Apologies to all firstly for duplicate posting and also for this top posting
reply ( I'm of the old school on this although pretty sure I could get used to
it)
Tony I take your point re quoting, baffled me for a while, think I may have got
it though.
I have of late been replying to mails direct from Yahoo site (due to too many
genuine mails being put in spam) , a quick look didn't find a setting but it
does seem set up for top replying and as I replied at the bottom it probably
just lumped my text in with Normans, will investigate further and return to
Thunderbird.
All the best - Bill

> BTW you need to set your mailer to use quote characters.  Without them the
> email you were replying to (snipped) looks part of what you were saying.

Tony

--        t...@firshman.co.uk    http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman