Hi Nasta,

> [...]
>
>Two more plus a CF socket adds hot-swappable CF card capability...
>
> [...]
>
>PC87C307, an AD1816, a 91C96 (or possibly 91C111?). That more or less
>covers all the necessary ISA components.
>
> [GF description]
>
>all on a 100x160mm PCBneed I say more :-)

Would it be worth considering to make a Q40/Q60 extension card with the IO
components you have in mind for XY-Fire (plus one or two goodies)?

The card wouldn't have much size constrainst, and almost no high-frequency
challenges, so placement and routing shouldn't be too tricky. The card
could be a "playground" to get familiar with the chips and write the software.

All the best

Peter