On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Peter Graf wrote:

> PGA. QFP seems obsolete, so only PGA and BGA are interesting. BGA is very
> small, but only useful for volume production.

I'm well aware of the thermal advantages of PGA over QFP. The pins move
heat away to the PCB much more efficiently. I don't like BGA for two
reasons: prototyping is a b*tch, and the actual cost to me was $85 per
mount for the small run I did. That's why I so much dislike the dropping
of the SA-1100 (QFP) in favor of the SA-1110 (mBGA).

If you have any easier projects I could cut my teeth on, I'd be happy. I'm
not anything like the level of Nasta and yourself. I'm just well equipped.
:o)

Dave