On 1/11/02 at 1:28 AM Dexter wrote:

>>> If you have any easier projects I could cut my teeth on,
>>> I'd be happy. I'm not anything like the level of Nasta
>>> and yourself. I'm just well equipped.

>> See the ideas about a Q40/60 speciffic IO card... :-)

>I see them. :o)
>Ok, if I can get something together and have tech/design support from the
>Q60 and Goldfire teams, I can do this.
>I could do a straight simple ISA implementation for the Q60, and a
>schematically similar mezz card for the Goldfire which has maximum
>shared components.

No need for the mezzanine card, the required chips are found on the GF, in
fact, even that part of the PCB has been designed! Normally I would not be
againgst such a board, but as you know, the GF is intended to be a
semi-SBC.

> I have Eagle 4 Professional, which is half the tools for the job.

Half? Actually, that would be all the tools :-) Oh... you mean an
auto-router? I don't really believe in them :-) Well... actually, I do, but
I simply can't afford one that could do a board better than I can - and
ultimately, in the same time! For instance: GF IO part of the PCB requires
6 layers to route (I won't even tell you the number of vias it generates
:-((( ), hand routing takes the same time, and needs 4 layers and about
0.1x the number of vias. It took the same only because I had to rip up most
of what the autorouter did in order to get 100% routed and redo it by hand
- the autorouter stuff was mostly in the way!

> Does anyone think it might be appropriate to have a separate list
> for ql-developers to separate the traffic from ql-users, or are
> you happy for these kind of posts filling your list? :o)

He he - and there is one. I though I was on it too. Unfortunately, I lost
the subscription info... help, anyone? I could also cross-subscrive
QLhardware, so it automatically keeps a message archive.

Nasta