Bill wrote:

>How have you managed to get four, Peter suggested I need to add another
>I/O card but I would like to leave a slot free if possible and wondered
>if there are I/O cards with both Primary and Secondary IDE on them.

Yes, there are some ISA IO cards for four IDE drives around,
but they are older ones. I also have one of those, it's a nice little
4xIDE/2xFLP/2xSER/1xPAR card and works fine on Q40.

You can get one from the 2nd hand market, and give it a try. Do not
purchase an IO card which has a BIOS extension ROM on it, or "cache" or
something like it. These won't work.

Another idea might be to use a slimline case with ISA slot riser which
provide several empty slots.

Or one of the clever folks like Phoebus may find us a whole batch of small
4xIDE/2xFLP/2xSER/1xPAR ISA IO cards somewhere :-))

Peter