George Gwilt writes:

> TurboPTR, available from the SQLUG website and from Dilwyn's, is intended
> allow programmers to use SuperBASIC to write PE programs. This system also
> allows these programs to be compiled by Turbo, which considerably speeds
them
> up.
>
> I have had some useful feedback from Geoff Wicks but from few others (if
> any!). Anyone who has suggestions that can be implemented will probably
find
> these incorporated in an update.

I have yet to try out TurboPTR on the ground of not having enough time to do
anything recently. I do intenmd to have a look at it and try it out when I
do have some spare (!) time though. I always preferred Turbo to Qlib but
Qlib allowed me to use the PE. Now that TurboPTR has arrived, I can
hopefully do some work with it.

> Will this produce a flood of ideas?

Time will tell, but I suspect not too many :o)

> Incidentally I recently took a course in VB partly to see how similar it
was
> to TurboPTR and found the latter much more modest though along the same
lines
> as VB. Some of the VB possibilities have been added to TurboPTR already.

Last time I used VB was version 3, but when Delphi came along, I swithched
over and never went back. VB is just too clunky with all its different
versions of runtime dll files. Of course, now M$ build them into the OS, so
everyone has them (as it does with its C runtimes) and then blags about hos
much smaller their C and VB programs compile down to that other compilers
manage. Another lie !

VB was good in its hey day, at least at V3, but I can't comment on advances
since then.

Will we be seeing TurboVB in the future :o)

Regards,
Norman.

-------------------------------------
Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not an addressee you
must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email
and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
Financial Systems IT Department on 0113 2892990.