> It is surprising, that out of 164 subscribers to the list, there is
only a
> small percentage who appear in my customer database (excluding
fellow
> traders).
There is a simple answer to this, which I worked out back in DJC days.

The type of person who subscribes to this list on the whole (by no
means everyone of course) is the generally self-sufficient tinkerer.
For these types of people their only purchases would be (a) hardware
(b) major software, in other words, increase their computing power or
purchase something to add to their sulf-suffiency such as programming
tools or simply somethng they need and don't have the time/resources
to do it themselves.

I quote myself as an example ;-)

--
Dilwyn Jones