George Gwilt writes:

> TurboPTR, available from the SQLUG website and from Dilwyn's, is intended
> allow programmers to use SuperBASIC to write PE programs. This system also
> allows these programs to be compiled by Turbo, which considerably speeds
them
> up.
>
> I have had some useful feedback from Geoff Wicks but from few others (if
> any!). Anyone who has suggestions that can be implemented will probably
find
> these incorporated in an update.
>
> Will this produce a flood of ideas?
>
> Incidentally I recently took a course in VB partly to see how similar it
was
> to TurboPTR and found the latter much more modest though along the same
lines
> as VB. Some of the VB possibilities have been added to TurboPTR already.

I did have a look at TurboPTR in the early days. But the problem for me is I
dont get on with Turbo! It wont compile anything Ive written these last ten
years without a complete re-design, which is why I gave it up in the first
place.

I think it is great that you have taken on Turbo development. I download
every new version to keep an eye on how things are moving. A lot has been
achieved already. Its also the only S*Basic compiler thats going anywhere.
By writing TurboPTR you have made possible using Turbo in modern programs
and applications.

For me personally, Ive had to make a choice and that choice is (at present)
QLib/EasyPTR. I very much hope though that there are enough others out there
to support you - practially, or at the very least by letting you know that
they do! For now, all I can offer is my appreciation.

Per