Dilwyn Jones wrote:
Tony Firshman wrote:

... and Freddie Vachha's breakfast there (four helpings) - giving us

the

spare 'rabbit food'.

I remember Freddy Helping a waitress or three to put out a fire on an egg griddler or something similar at breakfast at an Eindhoven hotel...

Hey! That was me! (Freddy was too busy eating - if he was there that time). I intervened because, in my younger days, I did the classic "pour water on a chip pan fire". It's a quick way of redecorating your kitchen (if you like black).

I recall discovering the Eindhoven motel. We arrived in Eindhoven at some silly hour in the morning and eventually went into a police station to ask if there was anywhere we could get some breakfast. "Errr... you could try across the road" was the answer.

Thinks - I've a few more stories to tell, but... can anyone set up a blogger site? As in:

What exactly was Freddy doing when we came through customs and he nearly got everyone arrested? It involved his dual nationality - and shouting.

Where is the "Cafe du nuit"? (Brussels?)

And so on...

--
Lau
http://www.bergbland.info