Darren Brannnnnnnnagh wrote:
> Tut, tut Dilwyn...... They shoot people for less serious stuff than
that
> over here, and to think you were even in St.james gate where it is
made on
> the guided tour!!
Now that was an experience and a half!

What's really interesting is that even the rivers around where Darren
lives look like Guinnnnnness due to the blackness from the peat bogs
etc in the lands above getting into the water - the darkness of the
water coupled with white froth really looks like a pint of the black
stuff. There is even a lake on the Guinness estate with a white sandy
beach at the head, again looking like a pint of Guinness!

> They must have a tax on n's in wales....;-))
>
> Darren.
It's more like a tax on T's. Next time you visit, Darren, have a look
at the sign on the north apprach to the village... 'al-y-bon' since
about winter before last when they came off in the bad weather (always
reckoned our glue wasn't up to the mark)

Some of our local graffiti vandals took pity on us and hand wrote two
T's in marker pen on the sign to help poor lost tourists. Sadly, as
Norman Dunbar found out when he tried to visit, from the east there's
no village sign at all!

--
Dilwyn Jones