[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On 11 Oct 2003 at 23:17, Peter Graf wrote:

(...)

> Q60 Successor:
>
>(...)
> After the departure of Tony Tebby,
> I see no basis for projects like this anymore, because there's no common ground
> with the new SMSQ/E maintainers,

Well of course not, you never tried to find one.

Well and we felt we walked 100 miles toward a compromise while you didn't move an inch. My mail was however an answer to some repeatedly asked questions and a status report. I just said there's no common ground, a realistic view, that did not contain negative judgement of your attitude. I'd be glad if you also respect mine.

> and at the same time no freedom to develop
> SMSQ/E under open source conditions.

Oh rubbish.

To share the definition of open source with the outside world is not necessarily rubbish.

This "lack of common ground" seems to stem from the fact that you prefer to profit from
developments made for other systems (eg. Marcel's new wman etc) and not chip in
anything of your own.

I never used any version of SMSQ/E after those from Tony Tebby, so I've no idea what this "profit" should be.

Peter

            • ... pgraf
              • ... Marcel Kilgus
          • ... wlenerz