[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Well, Peter sells hardware, of course he wouldn't mind the software
>> being totally free.
>
> I never asked for SMSQ/E to be free of charge for me, or to indirectly
> reduce overall Q60 costs, as you seem to allude.

In no way I wanted to imply that you are a cheapskate or anything. I
meant that a completely open (or free as in freedom as you say)
software would of course be preferable to you. That's ok, I can
understand that.

But if I asked for the Qx0 schematics (the equivalent of my software
in the hardware world), would you give them to me?

> BTW it would have been possible to place Q60 SMSQ/E under the GPL
> without affecting the commercial status of QPC at all.

Would only have worked for the very first version. As soon as I want
to integrate one simple fix somebody else did to the GPL version I
would be in trouble.

> You make money from QL work. I don't.

As a matter of fact I have 4 digit EUR expenses for my QL meeting
travels. My QPC earnings reduce that to, hm, pretty much the same 4
digit value...

Marcel

          • ... John Taylor
            • ... wlenerz