Petr,

At 15:11 03-02-99 +0000, you wrote:

>1. If your customers have static IP, setup a database for tcpserver
>which exports RELAYCLIENT="" for those special IPs (see FAQ 5.4)

They don't. The use dial-in from around the world.

What I need is a program to check that a user is not sending more than xx
mails within yy minutes. (ie. 30 mails within 5min).

It would be nice if a program could do a match on the mails - so that if
someone has send 5 mails in a row that a program did match the previous
mail - and if at least 70% percent of the previous mail were matched then
this mail would probally be spam. With spam mails normally the
receiver/sender and some of the content is changed. So it is actually very
easy to do a match whether a mail is spam - if just enough of these has
been sent.

Can you follow this?

>2. If your customers ahve dynamic IPs (or connect from all around
>theh world), go to www.qmail.org and find there Open-SMTP patches (in
>fact it means that after successful POP3 authentication, you open a
>relay for that IP for some time - like 5 or 10 minutes).

I have considered this solution. But most POP3 clients such as Netscape and
Eudora actually DO send mail by SMTP first, rather than checking mail first.

I'm really without a clue here. I hope someone has developed as spam filter
that do a match on mails - for preventing spam or check whether the host is
sending more than xx mails within yy min.

Martin,