From: Martin Staael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Petr Novotny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Filters with qmail

:Petr,
:
:At 15:11 03-02-99 +0000, you wrote:
:
:>1. If your customers have static IP, setup a database for tcpserver
:>which exports RELAYCLIENT="" for those special IPs (see FAQ 5.4)
:
:They don't. The use dial-in from around the world.
:
:What I need is a program to check that a user is not sending more than xx
:mails within yy minutes. (ie. 30 mails within 5min).
:
:It would be nice if a program could do a match on the mails - so that if
:someone has send 5 mails in a row that a program did match the previous
:mail - and if at least 70% percent of the previous mail were matched then
:this mail would probally be spam. With spam mails normally the
:receiver/sender and some of the content is changed. So it is actually very
:easy to do a match whether a mail is spam - if just enough of these has
:been sent.
:
:Can you follow this?
:
:>2. If your customers ahve dynamic IPs (or connect from all around
:>theh world), go to www.qmail.org and find there Open-SMTP patches (in
:>fact it means that after successful POP3 authentication, you open a
:>relay for that IP for some time - like 5 or 10 minutes).
:
:I have considered this solution. But most POP3 clients such as Netscape and
:Eudora actually DO send mail by SMTP first, rather than checking mail
first.
:
:I'm really without a clue here. I hope someone has developed as spam filter
:that do a match on mails - for preventing spam or check whether the host is
:sending more than xx mails within yy min.
:
:Martin,
: