In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 12:39:33AM +0000, Paul Gregg wrote:
> # In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:
> # > Since I started this thread I can tell you without question what it's about
> # > and [EMAIL PROTECTED] isn't any part of it.  I want to reject mail being
> # > sent to certain valid usernames, such as my database. I'd also like to bounce
> # > some mail to nonvalid usernames without accepting and bouncing afterward since
> # > they only double bounce anyway.
> #
> # To do this, then it requires qmail-smtpd to know everything that qmail-send
> # does.  It requires a major rethink and rewriting of the qmail system.
> # We'll have to see what dbj comes up with for Qmail-II - we know that many of
> # us would like to see such a feature.

> no, it wouldnt
> invalid usernames would be dfined in a file, and would then be not accepted
> admin defined user named

As noted in another post in this thread. See it for an explanation of
what this applies to.

> # If you are in control of the local delivery then you already can control
> # who sends mail to your database.  Why can't you use procmail?
> not every machine has procmail, or wants to run procmail

Lessee... You willing to hack up badmailfrom to create a badmailto patch
for Qmail 1.0[13], but can't or won't run procmail.  Someone please point
out the logic to me, I really can't see it.

Paul.
--
Email pgregg at tibus.net | Email pgregg at nyx.net    | Eight out of every
Technical Director        | System Administrator       | five people are math