On 04-Jan-99 Paul Gregg wrote:
>> # >>What you want is:
>> # >>/var/qmail/control/badmailheaderto
>> # >>which really doesn't buy you anything.
>> #
>> # > What I would like, and I believe what he's asking for, is
>> # > /var/qmail/control/badmailto which would list specific addresses in
>> # > otherwise acceptable domains to which all mail should bounce
>> # > instantly. They'd match against the "MAIL TO:<whoever>" command, not
>> # > anything in the body.
>> #
>> # What you and others have failed to realise in this thread is that
>> # although
>> # you may be receiving spams with the header "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" you
>> # *will not* be receiving the email into your system with a
>> # RCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> no, it is you who have failed to see that when he said Mail to: he meant
>> rcpt
>> to:
>
> Err, no.  Read it again.  I assumed he ment RCPT TO: when he said MAIL TO:.
> All my points are valid and correct.

Your points may be valid and correct, but you only echoed what was originally
stated anyway.  The "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" IS part of the body, not the RCPT
TO:   The [EMAIL PROTECTED] stuff started when someone else said they'd like
to bounce that too, but I just answered that.

Since I started this thread I can tell you without question what it's about
and [EMAIL PROTECTED] isn't any part of it.  I want to reject mail being
sent to certain valid usernames, such as my database. I'd also like to bounce
some mail to nonvalid usernames without accepting and bouncing afterward since
they only double bounce anyway.

The problem with accepting and trashing the messages is that if mail is sent
to the database (ferinstance) I'd have to filter out what is junk mail and
what's valid - like cron results.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow