Jonathan Fanti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 11 September 2000 at 18:08:26
+0100
 > I'm trying to do selective relaying, and have tried to configure
 > tcpserver as per the "selective relaying with tcpserver and qmail-smtpd"
 > howto document.
 > when I run the command:
 >
 > tcpserver -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u503 -g16 0 smtp
 > /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &
 >
 > I get the following error:
 >
 > tcpserver: fatal: unable to bind: address already used
 >
 > So, I do a ps -A and see three instances for tcpserver running.
 >
 > but as I try to kill them, they keep respawning! Is there a way to get
 > tcpserver to run as above from bootup?

If tcpserver is respawning, it's probably because you're running it
under supervise.  If so, find the place that starts it, read that to
find the supervise directory it's running out of, and use svc -dx
<directory> to tell supervise to shut it down, and to shut down
itself.  Or check if you're running supervise out of svscan; is there
an svscan running?

And do you know what all three instances are?  That suggests three
different services being offered.  Be sure you're killing what you
think you're killing!
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b