On Mit, 27 Sep 2000, Jonathan Fanti wrote:
> I'm trying to do selective relaying and have setup a rule for TCP
> server:
>
> 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> 213.86.7.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> :allow
>
> then I start tcpserver using this command in the qmail-smtpd run file:
>
> /usr/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smptp.cdb \
> -u $QMAILUID -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1
>
> But when It starts I get an error,
>
> tcpserver: fatal: no IP address for 502
>
> Any ideas where I am going wrong?

I can only guess, but maybe you should check your $QMAILUID and
$NOFILESGID. Is 502 the GID for the group nofiles? Does
$NOFILESGID contain more than that number?

hih,

--
Oliver Koch                                  Systems Administrator
Computational Mathematics & Optimization     Institute of Analysis