"jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Please bear with me this is new to me and I want to learn. I would like to
>know where I put my tcpserver line,

How did you install qmail? How is it being started?

>should it go in my qmail script file at
>the top or bottom?  Or should I put in an exec bash file all by itself on
>start up?

Insufficient data.

>Can I have more than one tcpserver line to start different
>things?

Yes, that's how it works.

>I noticed in the FAQ there are different tcpserver set-ups.

...More than one way to skin a cat.

>Other tcpserver set-ups have qmail-smptd in it but I don't.  Do I need it?

No. You don't need qmail-smtpd at all if you don't accept incoming
mail, or you can start qmail-smtpd from inetd or xinetd.

>I'm implementing the RELAYCLIENT option, [FAQ 5.4] and it says to insert
>the -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb after the tcpserver in my qmail-smtpd invocation,
>but qmail-smtpd isn't in my tcpserver line.

If you followed the "Life with qmail" instructions, you'd be running
qmail-smtpd under tcpserver via /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
and you'd already have an /etc/tcp.smtp.

-Dave