Thus spake David Dyer-Bennet ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
>  >   a. are too dumb to state their question properly
>  >      (this includes bad grammar, bad spelling, bad quoting and obnoxious
>  >      signatures)
> Remembering that English is not the first language for everybody; I
> make considerably more allowances for somebody who is writing English
> better than I write German or Russian, than I do for people who
> obviously just aren't trying.

English is not my mother tongue.
I expect from others what I expect from myself.

I would never post a question in German or ultra-broken Mandarin to a
Chinese mailing list.  If your English is so bad that your English
teacher commited suicide with a flame thrower after reading your essays,
then you need more practice and should not post to mailing lists.  Buy a
few tapes or whatever.  If I can't understand your question, I can't
answer you.  It is in your own interest to phrase it correctly.

>  > If he doesn't want to change his ways, then he is welcome to examine the
>  > inside of my spacious killfile.  Noone is obligated to help idiots.  In
>  > particular, I am not.
> True.  You're welcome to killfile them, or just ignore the messages.
> You're certainly not under any obligation.  And it's obvious that your
> attitude will be better if you don't try!

If that was a solution, I would be doing it instead of talking about it.
The fact is that I still see the hundreds of replies from others, no
matter how deep I bury the idiots in my killfile.

So not only do they still cause traffic to my SMTP server that I have to
pay, they also cost me precious time.

So the only real solution is to get rid of the lusers for good.
I hope to discourage them by flaming a few of the particularly nasty
ones here.

> Just so you don't get to the point of arguing that it's actively
> *wrong* to help them (which you haven't yet).

If they are rude and you help them, you tell the lurkers that it's OK to
be rude because you are helped anyway.  And, if I killfile rude lusers,
and you answer to them in public, I will still waste time reading your
reply, which will quote the question from the idiot so I will still see
it.

So: yes, I think nobody should answer rude questions.

Felix