[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jamin Collins) writes:

> As for qmail, I will be the first to tell you that LWQ and the
> installation instructions with qmail itself are for the most part
> highly inadequate.  I tried setting qmail up just from the
> instructions included with the source twice, with no luck.
> Additionally, I tried LWQ twice, with no luck.  It wasn't until I
> purchased "Running qmail." that I actually got the thing to work.
> I'm sure that if I went back to either set of instructions (source
> or LWQ) that both would be adequate for the installation now that
> I've done it before.  However herein lies the problem.  The
> documentation that currently exists is really only helpful to
> someone that has already installed the software once before.  But,
> I've digressed.

Really?  Is this a digression because you've already contacted LWQ's
author with suggestions?  Have you posted anything to this list about
the specific problems you had with INSTALL?

If you think that new users aren't well served by the available
documentation, then you should contribute.  Somebody else wrote qmail
for you.  Somebody else wrote LWQ for you.  You've even gotten help
from the qmail list.

Complaining about other posters won't help any new users.  If that's
what you actually care about, try fixing the ``inadequate''
instructions.

^L