> rpm's) So, What would be the right number to increase this to, for a qmail
> server which would handle around 30,000 mails per day.

Watch your logs and your memory use to see what number is appropriate for
your system.
If your tcpserver/smtpds use too much memory the number is too high. Set
the number lower then. Beware that this would defer many connection
attempts - if you are always at the limit of parallel connections and hyve
no more memory to spend invest in your hardware.

For 30000 mails a day -c 10 should be enough. Give it more if y<our
machine is able to do it (it should :) - this handles peaks well then.

Regards, Frank