I am currently using our isp's qmail server as the primary.  I have two
boxes in house, one behind the firewall and one in dmz which will replace
isp's once I feel comfortable about stability.  One reason I am still
uncomfortable; if my isp (local but handles several large companies and
thousands of dial-up) who has so much more experience running qmail than I
can't figure out a "mysterious" bouce problem, how will I cross that bridge?

The random bounce occurs both for aliased accounts and actual accounts.  The
bounce message shows rcpt address as being correctly entered.  Can anyone
suggest where to begin looking?  So I can steer the isp in the right
direction?

TIA,
jean