Hello
if you have a standard installation (no modded spec files ....)
a message tagged as SPAM will be rejected if it reaches a spam level of 12 ( :clam=yes,spam=yes,spam_hits=12,attach=.mp3:.src:.bat:.pif) but it is compiled with s spam-level of 20 ... so if no set in your simcontrol file, it is 20 ..

So below 12, it is delivered, if you have a .qmail with the
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter: maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter it will check if the .Spam Box is created, if not create it and do its "magic" if you want I can detail you the complete process, on a quota and a non quota account you may check one option: cc "|sa-learn --spam" adn comment it if your server loads or if it gets very busy ...

Then of course, in your mail client, outlook,thunderbird,eudora .. register your new Folder ... if you use imap
It really works without any special configuration

I tweaked mine for personal reasons but the toaster out of the box works nicely

check your simcontrol and tcp.smtp files

Cheers
-P

John wrote:
I'm the one that has been trying to get answers as to why the infamous .Spam box gets created when I send the sample spam text to a user with spam detection enabled. Thanks to those who tried to help out. In the end, I had to just keep reading on my own, and reverse engineering Qmailtoaster in order to gain a better understanding of how it all fits together. I've learned that Simscan rejects spam before it ever reaches the Qmail queue for processing. My user's .Spam box never gets created because the mailfilter script doesn't get called unless Simscan passes it through. So the point of the infamous "spambox" is...what, exactly? I.e., Qmailtoaster is working exactly as it was intended after all. But, while I can see the advantage of having multiple spam filters, if users--or System Administrators new to Simscan--want proof that it's not rejecting valid email, the Spam box functionality should work at the door, shouldn't it? Otherwise, the multiple tutorials on "how to create spam folders so users can double-check that nothing useful is being thrown away" seems like a false sense of security.
   Am I wrong about any of this?
-John B.