Hello,

I'm new to the list and new to Qmailtoaster, so, I'm sorry if I seem clueless.
We recently bought a new server in my company for our database
services, and the old one was laying there gathering dust. We decided
to use it for some interesting services we have always considered,
including Intranet mail and web services.
We have CentOS 5.3, and we were ready to start. I followed the video
tutorial (excellent idea, by the way), step by step. As we wanted a
real Intranet mail server (no external mail send or receive access,
only for internal messaging needs), I just left everything by default
(hostname: APPSERVICES, manual IP config, no DMZ on routers
whatsoever).
I installed everything and after some tweaks I had to do (mainly in
httpd.conf, squirrelmail.conf and toaster.conf includes didn't work
for me, I had to rearrange the lines in the conf), everything went
down hill.
First of all, when I tried sending myself (datasys...@192.168.0.4) a
test message (using squirrelmail), first I got something like "sorry,
sender email format invalid", so I thought that I had blew it and I
reinstalled everything (even CentOS) and then now I'm getting "511
sorry, can't find a valid MX for sender domain (#5.1.1 - chkuser)".

I think it has something to do with DNS, however, I'm dead clueless
about how to configure DNS... What's worst is that I need to install a
DNS after this (so that the users can send mail without using the IP
address: instead of datasys...@192.168.0.4, they could just write
datasys...@appservices - remember, we don't want any external (gmail,
hotmail, and so on) mail access).

Thank you so much for your time, and sorry if I seem so lost,

Juan Pablo Garcia Hernandez