Well, deviating from the topic that I luckily solved with your help,
I just checked eGroupware, and I was amazed at how user friendly it is
actually. Our service focus is for employees with a basic computing
knowledge, which with luck can manage word processors and
spreadsheets, so we think that we need an easy to use package... We
don't want to go around teaching them to use Outlook/Thunderbird. I'll
try it tomorrow (sometimes I feel like a kid in a candy factory when
I'm (sort of, and pretty badly) sysadmin-ing a server), and let you
know how everything went.
I would actually love to see a egroupware-toaster package. Wouldn't be
too hard to arrange, maybe setting some defaults (like IMAP
authentication)... If I can be of help, I'll be here.

Juan Pablo García Hernández