Very well put W. I am a high level quad and I need help doing most things. The
average AB can't recognize those of us quads or paras that need help and those
that don't. Since I'm one of those quads that do need a lot of help, I'm always
happy when someone opens a door or picks up something I dropped, etc., etc. It
makes my day to know that in this increasingly selfish society, there are still
people who will take a moment to help someone out.

My type of disability won't get better - only worse over time. I remember
having a discussion with an OT and she said 'Sure Dan, you can struggle to get
your shirt on or cut up your food etc. but how long will these things take and
at what expense to your time and energy reserve? If a PCA does these things for
you, you can save time and energy for the really important things in life -
like masturbation or working on the computer'.

And Bill, would you say the same thing about watching an elderly lady with a
bad limp and using a cane struggling to cross a parking lot carrying a large
bag of groceries? Go granny, go! Come on you can do it and if you have another
stroke trying at least you gave it your best shot. Bravo!

Dan - who is grateful for the compassionate ones.

At 01:10 PM 1/16/2008 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said something that elicited my
response: