I know what you mean Joan.  I sometimes am shopping by myself, while  my
friend is parking a van or on an errand .  I often have to rely on  persons to
help me with the elevator or a door as I cannot push the button for  the
elevator
and a lot of the doors most of the time.  Buttons are not  always properly
wheelchair friendly.

I often knocked my glass away from my mouth and I need help with getting my
straw again.  I find people are very helpful, if you can get their  attention
to ask for help.

I also have to have people get my card off my box that holds papers and a
card holding wallet and my phone, iPod.  In stores that know me, they even
sign
my name for purchases.

Persons are often attracted by my little yorkie, named Zoe.  Sometimes  of
children come up unintended, I worry that I will roll over them if they will
move.  Store persons often help me with getting the child to move so they  are
not injured until their parent comes over to check on them.

It is sometimes entertaining to see if people will lend you a helping  hand.
Dana