…
> That explicitly allows to sublicense your code. But now you are saying
> it's not allowed?

That's really not the question here.

The goal of merging babeld - merging anything really - isn't to have a
bunch of files in the repo, it's to also pick up the people & community
and have it be alive - maintained, extended & worked on.

To me, it's completely understandable and agreeable that Juliusz &
Matthieu may not want to maintain & put work into a version of their
code that got GPL headers tacked on.  I don't even care if it's their
personal preference, or if they need it MIT licensed for some academic
reason - their choice to put work into something is completely
independent.

Either we accept their choices and welcome them, or we don't pick up
their code.  Ignoring their choices and merging it in the full knowledge
that they spoke out against it is not a valid choice if we're expecting
and depending on their support.  Putting even a second of thought into
this couldn't have shown any other outcome than the bloodbath we got.

So, ultimatively, the original babel merge was (probably) legal, but
also completely pointless, nearsighted, disrespectful, and worst of all:
detrimental to community health, "peace", external perception and
thereby the Quagga project overall.

Yet, to my knowledge, Paul hasn't publicly acknowledged that that might
have been a bad move [apologies if this is incorrect] => I see little
reason to soften my previous paragraphs.

And, quite honestly, I can also understand how someone could be offended
by the way all of this happened.

-David

(probably/hopefully my last mail in this thread.)
https://i.imgur.com/NanSA32.png
(no this mail was not written in "fuck it" mode.  the opposite of that,
in fact.)