On Wed, 20 May 2015, David Lamparter wrote:

Either we accept their choices and welcome them, or we don't pick up their code. Ignoring their choices and merging it in the full knowledge that they spoke out against it is not a valid choice if we're expecting and depending on their support. Putting even a second of thought into this couldn't have shown any other outcome than the bloodbath we got.

Yet, to my knowledge, Paul hasn't publicly acknowledged that that might have been a bad move [apologies if this is incorrect] => I see little reason to soften my previous paragraphs.

*You* were involved in the original maintainer discussions that decided this, which were extensive and took some time if I remember correctly.

Merging was not your first choice admittedly, but it seemed all the options sucked. You did not object to this course then. You *defended* this move back then.

If it was *so* obvious back then, if it needed only a second's thought. Why, oh why, didn't you point this out back then?

David, you share collective responsibility for this decision.

Stop blaming me retrospectively for a decision you were a part of.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  @pjakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: