On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 4:32:11 PM UTC-5, Andrew David Wong wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't have any special insight into this problem. (I
> vaguely recall that it happened to me once on 3.1, then I think I
> ignored the problem and it eventually reverted itself somehow.)
>
> However, it occurs to me that what you're asking about is primarily a
> KDE issue, and the information you seek should, in principle, be
> available from a KDE source (docs, devs) or even Fedora or another
> distro that uses KDE. To clarify: The *cause* may be Qubes-related (I
> have no idea), but the default file/list for KDE System Tools should
> probably be the same as in non-Qubes KDE installations. At least, it's
> worth checking.

The file may possibly be in the same place, but of course in the case of Qubes
it is a customized one containing entries like "Qubes VM Manager" etc, so I
would need that specific one. I don't know the default location.

Also as noted however, it makes no difference whether I use Xfce or KDE. In
either case I have no menu item available anywhere for "Qubes VM Manager" which
I normally would, so it is a pan-desktop-environment issue, likely related to
Qubes itself rather than one of the DE's.

So far I have not found any solution to this, and am looking at a complete
system re-install in order to fix one single interface issue.