On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 08:27:14AM -0300, Franz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 07:37:10PM -0300, Franz wrote:

> > empty
> > from

> > qvm-remove the

> > faster)

> > > Sorry Unman you are right
> > > I did
> > > qvm-remove debian-8-multimedia-dvm
> > > then rebooted the computer
> > > then
> > > qvm-create-default-dvm debian-8-multimedia
> > >
> > > then
> > > qvm-run -a debian-8-multimedia-dvm gnome-terminal
> > >
> > > then checked which files were present. The softmaker folder was there,
> > but
> > > the .qubes-dispvm-customized was not, so created it with touch
> > >
> > > then in terminal wrote shutdown and it closed.
> > >
> > > then started the standard dispvm which contains neither the softmaker
> > > folder nor the .qubes.... file
> > >

> > After you have created the .qubes-dispvm-customized file, and shutdown
> > the DVMTemplate,  you have to regenerate the dispVMTemplate by running
> > qvm-create-default-dvm debian-8-multimedia again. You dont mention this
> > step.
> >

> No I did not understood you have to repeat it after the changes to
> incorporate them.
> This last step does not work. I am getting an error here:
>
> connecting to VM's GUI agent....................time out
>
> Error: cannot start qubes-guid
> Best
> Fran

OK, that's the principal issue resolved. You need to run
qvm-create-default-dvm again AFTER making your customizations.

As to the failure to starts qubes-guid I suspect that some of the
changes you have made to the template are causing this. You may find
some help in the logs, or you may be able to connect using xl console,
and see what has happened.

Alternatively, you could break down the customization in to discrete steps
(or groups of steps), and see if you can isolate the issue like that.

unman