| q123 - do you happen to know what the exact two flag bits that changed
represent in the cpu features? I wonder if  the true issue is something not
being properly preserved during the suspend, or properly re-initialized
during the resume.

> Brendan

I checked and it seems bits 27 (from 0->1) and 31 (from 1->0) change (for
CPU0, capability[1]). However, I couldn't directly match, which is the
correct register (eax, ebx, ecx, or edx) connected to this capability[1].
So I cannot draw deeper conclusions.
Looking at the "cpufeatures.h" file though, where all the Xen relevant
CPUID feature bits are listed, (..and assuming capability[1] refers to
these features) bits 27-31 are not relevant to Xen, therefore the code
might have to be changed to check only the relevant feature bits and not
the whole 32 bits in case of AMD (Fam15h at least)...
But I could be wrong, and this feature bit thing is only the consequence of
what your wrote above.
Please also note, that I use coreboot and a newer AMD microcode, than what
is generally available in mainstream the linux distros. So my case could be
unique.

Qubes123