In the corporate world users usually have no choice but to use their laptops
domain joined to the company MS AD, which enforces strict policies. This is
required from a security point of view as well as from an operational point
view, because user support may cost a lot of money. Users often cannot install
applications on their notebooks and BYOD is avoided as much as possible and
when inevitable usually not connected to corporate network but rather to some
open/visitors wifi.

That's the reality I see. In this world, there is no free choice for the user,
it comes as a package with everything they need. Of course, a user may request
some special purpose software, but it will have to be through IT.

That's what I meant when I wrote about Qubes being far from being an enterprise
product.

I'm not an advocate of Windows, it's just reality.