Chris Laprise:
> On 8/10/20 12:30 PM, Toptin wrote:
>> Jeff Kayser:
>>> Here is one reason to use Fedora.
>>>
>>> https://www.fossmint.com/which-linux-distribution-does-linus-torvalds-use/
>>>

>> Ah, see... Mr Torvalds is your God. That isn't a reason at all. But
>> thanks you put a smile on my face.
>>

>>> ~Jeff Kayser

That was my thinking too, but still as mentioned in my previous post I
would have thought something like Arch-Linux or even Gentoo would be
better choice because both distribution are actually meta-distributions
(a distribution to build a target distribution). I worked with both and
wouldn't recommend it to an end-user but for development to build
something like Qubes? Yes, I would consider that.

Nothing against Debian. Definitely not. Very trustworthy and
knowledgeable community, but still quite a big system, especially if one
wants to strip it down. And then those unfortunate version upgrades. But
once it's installed it's rock solid.