On 8/10/20 12:30 PM, Toptin wrote:
Jeff Kayser:
Here is one reason to use Fedora.

https://www.fossmint.com/which-linux-distribution-does-linus-torvalds-use/

Ah, see... Mr Torvalds is your God. That isn't a reason at all. But
thanks you put a smile on my face.

~Jeff Kayser

-----Original Message-----
From: qubes-users@googlegroups.com <qubes-users@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Chris Laprise
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 9:18 AM
To: qubes-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [qubes-users] Why Fedora?

This email originated from outside the organization

On 8/10/20 12:05 PM, Toptin wrote:
Dear Qubes Users,

I'm currently digging my way through the exceptional good Qubes
documentation. Everything is nicely explained as to why a certain
decision / implementation was made, except for the use of Fedora as
main distribution.

I wonder what's the rationale of that decision; Fedora 25 isn't even
supported anymore. No offense or critic intended, just curiosity.

Regards, toptin.

I think the subtext here is that Fedora gets the changes first and it makes a good development environment (for Linux code anyway). But that's also why they don't curate or test or secure it like a regular production-ready OS. And also why they don't care about having a wide array of apps.

I'd rather see a transition to something more stable like Debian which is also flexible enough to let you pull in newer packages from a tiered repository (stable, testing, unstable, and experimental).

--
Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket