On 2015-02-11, Paul <tik-...@bodosom.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org> wrote:
>
>> There are times "repair" is perfectly acceptable, and we do that.
>>
>> There are times "replace" is better, and we do that.
>>

> My point is a long drawn-out discussion of changes to the core of ntp seem
> less than productive when the announced way forward is Ntimed (despite
> mentions of NTP5).  Another way of looking at this is that it's time for
> nomail@example and unruh@invalid to start complaining about Ntimed rather
> than ntpd.

It is hard to complain about a non-existant product.
And I have also let my opinions on the way ntpd works be known, and
would have expected ntimed to either consider them or ignore them a long
time ago.

> I certainly expect patches to continue for the NTP v4 branch.

I do agree that this is more than patches. It goes to the design
philosophy of ntp, which is not going to be handled by patches.