In article <mbinbu$a5r$1...@dont-email.me>,
William Unruh  <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:
>The complaint of the ntpd people is not the stability of the machine
>itself, but the stability of the network, where for example A could use
>B and B use A in determining its own time. Is the whole network stable
>under this kind of loop. And what happens to B when A suddenly begins to
>slew at 2000PPM?

This cannot happen (at least in my implementation). If A uses B as ref clock
and B uses A then you the same effect as a routing loop in a distance vector
routing protocol: counting to infinity.

In the case of NTP, infinity is 16 hops. After that both A and B consider
each other unusable.

--
We just programmed the computers to revive us when it was all over... they
were index linked to the [...] stock market prices you see, so that we'd