I may be out of place here as I am a total beginner to programing.  In a
matter of fact, I just pick up HTDP from Amazon to teach myself
programing.   Respectfully, IMHO if you want to increase the popularity of
Racket.  You can’t just place racket as another me too language like
python, etc.  You must show, what problems does Racket solve or make
exponentially easier that makes the risk of spending the time to learn,
apply and deploy a racket based software solution to solve real life
problems worth it.   A good example of what I mean is Yaron Minsky
presentation about why Jane Street uses OCaml.  Even someone like me, who
can’t even program an excel spreadsheet and who has never used a computer
for more than social media can understand clearly the reasoning behind
Minsky choice of OCaml.  Minsky clearly explains the problems that OCaml
solves or makes exponentially easier and uses real life examples in his
presentation.  In short, he answers the WHY!

Why should someone choose Racket to learn programing as opposed to another
language such as Python?

What problems do organizations, small business, and start up face that
would make the risk of choosing Racket worth it?

What issues are prevalent in the software industry, that using Racket
alleviates as compared to another language?

Where are the real world examples of Racket being used to solve problems?

What is a programable programing language and how does it make my life
easier as compared to other languages?

What is language oriented programming?

If the racket community has already answered these questions, where would a
person go to find out such things?

Etc, Etc, Etc

Respectfully, I would also concentrate on Rackets web presence.  If I was
to google any of the popular languages, I would find the answer to these
questions in spades, with real life applications, and examples.  You can
also compare Pythons website to Rackets.   Pythons website seems to be
design more for advertising Python.  If I go to the Pythons web page there
is a section “use Python for” in it, it has various topics such as web
development, GUI development, scientific and numeric, with all the
applicable packages needed.   If you knew nothing about Python, but where
interested in using it for web development, it easy to see where to go,
etc.   Conversely if I was to google Racket, the answers are not as clear.
If you go to the Rackets web page, it not clear what I can use Racket for.
I would have to dig  deeper into Rackets websites to see if Racket would be
a suitable solution to the problem I am trying to solve.  Respectfully
Rackets website, while nice, seems to place Racket more towards
educational/ toy language purposes, while Pythons website seems to place
Python more towards industrial real world uses.

I am just a beginner, and I have nothing but a superficial knowledge of
Racket, computing, or the software industry.  My intention is not to attack
or belittle the hard work put into racket by members, so I hope I don’t
come off that way.  As a beginner, I just wanted to share my perspective in
the difficulty in  choosing Racket as my first language to learn add my 2
cents to the conversation.