Mnyb;469589 Wrote:
> It is worse you can no longer set up an completely local system
> somewhere in the process an internet link to SN is needed.

This was discussed at length in the beta phase and lots of people feel
the same way.  However, my understanding is that an internet connection
is *not* needed for setup and playback of local music, if you have a
local instance of Squeezecenter running.

the Logitech/SD "Director of Software Product Marketing" Wrote:

> You will be able to set up a Squeezebox and play local music without an
> account and without an Internet connection present.
>
> In this scenario, the device will first attempt to connect to
> SqueezeNetwork. Since there is no Internet connection present, it will
> fail. However, if there is a SqueezeCenter instance running, you will be
> able to connect to SC.

It's just the internet stuff that requires you to use SN credentials.

--
Siduhe

Who am I on 'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/siduhe)?
"-Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah,
it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho...-" (c) 'ModelCitizen'
(http://www.last.fm/user/Modelcitizen)