Well, I just finished setting up my Radio -- which I bought on impulse
on sale at BestBuy for $149.

This allows me to put my Boom downstairs and use the Radio as my
bedside unit.

I AM impressed...by sync. I didn't realize I could get both players to
play the same thing until I stumbled across it in the menus.

Voila! A whole-house system without wires at a fraction of the cost of
Sonos or the new Sony SAIR system.

The Radio doesn't sound as good as the Boom, of course, and I miss the
lack of a standard remote (and the need to buy one with a battery I
might not ever use).

My big disappointment? The ReadyNAS NV+ I use for my library. Streaming
from the ReadyNAS NV+ is now (with 7.4.1) flawless. The problem is
performance in the web UI on the ReadyNAS. It's terrible. I've tried
doubling the memory in the NAS, to no avail.

I guess I am just going to have to buy a new desktop so I can demote my
old one to become a dedicated Squeezecenter server.

Product suggestion: next Xmas, how about a slightly larger Boom++ with
a color screen, HDMI inputs/outputs and even better acoustics? After 30
years as an audiophile, I got tired of wires everywhere and huge
receivers and speakers all over my family room. I got rid of
everything.

Now, I have a flat screen, a DVD player and the Boom in the
entertainment center. If the Boom could grow up a little, offer just a
little more connectivity and audio performance, it could put a dagger in
the heart of both $1500 receivers and $500 soundbars in home systems.

(And how much would I love to beta test such a device? Squeezebox
engineering/product management: you listening?

--
yobyot