Siduhe;469620 Wrote:
> This was discussed at length in the beta phase and lots of people feel
> the same way.  However, my understanding is that an internet connection
> is *not* needed for setup and playback of local music, if you have a
> local instance of Squeezecenter running.
>

> It's just the internet stuff that requires you to use SN credentials.

Is this done yet, it was not working that way when I tried.
The setup does not point you to choose any local library before doing
the network stuff. I found no sure way to abort that.
I don't intend to try again :) if somebody tells my that it is working
i'm happy with that. I'll find out when I get my Touch .

However IMHO it should also be possible to set up localy even when an
internet connection IS present. Mr "Director of Software Product
Marketing" only says that it should revert to some kind of local setup
if it sense no internet at all.

And also if an existing squeezeboxserver >7.4 with all credentials for
network use, like my own is present. It is completely unnecessary and
tedious to setup trough the device, it could just auto register to
msb.com in the background.

So if they turn the setup procedure around it will work like a charm
FIRST ask for the local server THEN proceed to mysb.com details if
needed server could have incomplete creds or user could abort here if
services are not wanted. IF no local server is available configure
directly to mysb.com

Nobody will be confused buy a simple Q do you have a local server or
the Q could be "do you have local music files" .

--
Mnyb