usch;471616 Wrote:
> Hm. What if you don't have an account? I do not intend to register with
> any online service, I only want to play my own music and maybe listen to
> some shoutcast stations by URL. I really wanted a Radio, but if
> registration is mandatory I won't buy one :-/

I'm with you 100% on simplifying initial setup without any need for
MySB.
You do not need a MySB account to use the Radio with your SBS, but I do
not know how to do that.

However, I'd strongly recommend getting a MySB account.  There are LOTS
of incredible, free services available like Pandora*, Slacker*, Last.fm,
RadioTime, and others.  And if, as you say, you like ShoutCast (as I do)
the SBS and MySB have a very nice ShoutCast interface including Bitrate
Filtering (ShoutCast searches return only the highest bitrate streams).

* = Great free portions of their paid service, no subscription
required.

If your registration anxiety is a fear that Logitech will spam you or
sell your email, they will not.  Never happened to me in 2+ years.  You
can always use a disposable email (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc...) then
simply never use that email again after registration.

I never thought I'd use the free subscription services either, but I'm
hooked on them now and listen to them far more than my own music
collection.  Plus they are a great way to discover new artists that are
very similar to what you already like.  :)

Just a thought.

--
toby10