toby10;483929 Wrote:
> Don't know where you get that a $5 alarm clock with a battery backup
> won't sound an alarm during a power outage, mine do.

Well, where I live, clock radios don't cost as little as $5.  ;)
Perhaps you're talking about a non-radio alarm?

Also, I didn't mean to imply that the SB solution didn't also have the
potential pitfalls of a normal alarm clock radio. I did mention it has
more.  I just meant that a normal/traditional device is also not
failure-proof. At least with the SB you can actually overcome a few
possible issues such as volume by making sure that the alarm volume is
at a specific level regardless of the level you left the player/radio at
the last time you used it.

Anyway, I there's a lot out there to be worried about that relies on
software, such as elevators and airplanes. A bug gone awry there and you
wont wake up any morning. ;)

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno