jmpage2;484580 Wrote:
> It becomes a slippery slope to how much user customization you want and
> how complex it makes the product.

Absolutely.  Not only can it make for a complex product to use, but to
develop as well, not to mention document.  There's already plenty of
room for cleanup in the various configuration pages of the Web UI for
instance.  Some long standing terminology issues with things like
grouping various artists, etc.

That said, this type of product is flourishing at the moment because of
its adaptability to individual customer wishes.  There is an important
balance to maintain and I believe keeping the back door open to
enhancement through third party extension is the way to achieve it.
That's not to say that certain basic elements shouldn't already be
covered by default though.

> For example, I would like three choices when the alarm goes off;
>
> 1.  Snooze
> 2.  Disable Alarm
> 3.  Disable Alarm - keep playing radio

I consider those three options part of a basic alarm implementation.

And here's what I'd like in my personal setup to achieve the above
(mentioned before):

Big knob push for Snooze
Power button for disable alarm
Play button for disable and keep playing

--
MelonMonkey

Bruno
*'Twisted Melon - Fine Mac OS Software' (http://twistedmelon.com)*