In reference to the post "I'm a big fan of SB players and recommend them
to anyone that will listen, but as soon as "can I use it as an alarm
clock" comes up I simply answer "NO! Buy the SB player for music, keep
your current alarm clock!"

50+ years ago, people had both a radio and a clock on the table next to
their bed.  Then someone had the great idea of combining them in one
device - a "clock radio" - it caught on!

The Squeezebox Radio is a clock radio.  Only difference is that the
"radio" part offers a lot more than just radio.  No reason that the
"clock" portion should function as poorly as it does, when compared to
an old-fashioned clock radio.  That time-proven model is a good one to
follow for alarms & a snooze feature.

--
davenva