I can't recommend it as a gift yet, or even for a guest bedroom. I was
going to order two for reasonably tech savvy friends, but decided
against it.

The UI is hardly intuitive; people can pick up an iPod and figure it
out, but not the SqueezeBox.

Integration with iTunes is still fair, at best.

Primary access to stations don't work (BBC, for a glaring example).
Having to educate someone that, "Oh, the BBC on the Radio section
doesn't work, even though it says 'Staff Picks,' you need to go to this
special place, but every other station you get in the Radio place, well,
except those that you need to open this other app for..." just doesn't
fly.

The alarm is completely unreliable if your internet connection or
server is the least bit flaky. Backup alarms do not play, even in the
US, even with a local server.

--
jef