kphinney;495215 Wrote:
> Are you saying the speed of the 802.11g wireless is not adequate for
> streaming?  I don't have any issues with 1411 kbps FLAC files on my SB3
> or Transporter.  Yes, I'd like to see an upgrade to 802.11n, but that's
> only so my entire wireless isn't stepped down when the SBs connect.
Not at all. I'm saying that the Radio is buggy and the MYSB connection
is completely unreliable.

kphinney;495215 Wrote:
> I've been using the mysqueezebox network for ver 4 years now and haven't
> experienced any issues that I'd say would be a deal breaker.
MySqueezebox.com didn't exist before the release of 7.4.0. So it's
impossible you used it for 4 years. Its predecessor was
"squeezenetwork.com", but this was a slightly different type of beast.

kphinney;495215 Wrote:
> Are you intoning that the SB Radio itself is buggy and does not connect
> to MySB very well?
It's hard to tell whether the MYSB connection problems are caused by
the Radio or by the server. Most probably both are flawed. However, the
main problem is the Radio, which doesn't seem to notice the loss of
connection and/or obviously has no fault handling implemented at all. It
simply does nothing in such a scenario - which happens at least once a
day. E.g. you press the "Alarm" button and it plays a button sound, but
nothing happens. It doesn't even try to fix the MYSB connection and
doesn't output a error message either. It just sits there and does
nothing. And indeed it's not so easy to get it out of that state. Did I
mention that this happens at least once a day?

kphinney;495215 Wrote:
> I would have thought they were using the tried and true heart of the
> same software they've been building on side SlimDevices released it.
Not at all. The software for Controller, Radio and Touch is a
completely new design (based on a scripting language called Lua). E.g.
nearly all the configuration options of the SB Classic are missing. You
can't even change a font size and have to live with a "now playing"
screen with an unreadable clock.
Also two weeks ago, the European MYSB server went down and as it was up
again, no Controller or Radio in whole Europe could connect to MYSB
while the "classic" devices could still connect. So also the server side
seems to be different.

--
0xdeadbeef