elziko;516362 Wrote:
> Thanks, earlier you mentioned you bought a pre-made pack of 10 cells.
> I'll be interested in how difficult it was to get the NTC into the
> middle of the pack.
>
> Unless I get my orders before you, in which case I'll let -you- know!
> :)

I put together my battery today (both the 10 pack pre-made pack and the
kit came in the mail.

First of my link to my kit (see page 2) says it is 2000 mah when it's
really 2300. I took of the clear shrink wrap off the battery pack, then
split the black shrink wrap between the batteries off the top. All the
battery connectors are covered with an adhesive cardboard strip, so I
pealed it back and soldered on 3 wires (and slipped that NTC in the
middle, (the batteries are hooked together but there is plenty of
space).

Now for the gotchas, the instructions are WRONG. The diagram for
soldering the batteries together (which I didn't have to do because I
bought a pack), show that you put - to - and + to + which will short out
your batteries, but the instructions (written), tell you to put the
whole set of batteries + to - ( positive to negative, kind of making one
big battery).

When you put the leads into the connector the diagram is not obvious
that they should go into the BACK (the bigger holes) of the connector
(it is very difficult to get them in without each touching the next, I
separated them with electric tape). I had the whole thing backwards at
first and the SQUEEZEBOX reported that the batteries were overhot (I
would guess so since it said over 7,000 Degrees C!)

Since I only split the black wrap, I pushed it back on (I should have
taped it but wanted it to work first.)

The pack slips into the bottom of the box very easily, (with at least a
1/2 inch of space, so I packed it a little so it won't move around in
the radio).

The kit is shipped in a plain white business envelope, kind of risky
because it could be crushed, but then there really isn't much to break.
Oh and he gives you essentially 2 sets of connectors which is nice if
you screw it up, (only one temp sensor though).
Charging it up right now.

--
baldbear